Everyone’s been talking about the Versace men chosen by Donatella Versace for her show… Posted on instagram and other social media’s, the models have made the rounds of comments, leaving everyone breathless… But let’s take a look at the actual collection. Absolute luxury – the pieces that a man needs, Versace style. Let’s highlight some trends.
Donatella Versace describes her new A/W 2014/2016 collection: “The collection is Versace stripped or Versace soul. Stripped because I took all the decorations off. You are going to find the pure Versace soul that stands on its own for its shapes, cuts silhouettes, sharpness and sensuality”.
- The introduction of the new Versace suit, with a neat constructed shoulder and a sharp shorter jacket length, in a variety of styles and cloths.
- A sporty energy comes from hooded tops, knit leggings and second-skin trousers that zip at the ankle.
- Cashmere knitwear is a focus, whether it’s fine-gauge long rib knit tops, or chunky knit sweaters and cardigans that sit below the hips.
- Tone-on-tone dressing gives a fine look, especially when it’s a single-button suit worn with matching shirt and tie.
- Fur is an essential, with full or cropped hooded coats in mink, plus a bomber of intarsia mink. Fur also trims coat collars and the inside of hoods.
- There are plays on silhouettes and proportions, like the fitted blousons worn with matching oversized pants.
- Functionality is given Versace edge, such as quilted leather parkas with fur lining, to tailored jackets in quilted black silk.
- Graphic black-and-white blanket coats are noble, while double-breasted coats are long and lean, with a dominant power.
- Metal details shine throughout, from the gold tabs that fasten tailoring, to the gold buttons that fasten the half-belts of coats.
- The classic Versace sneaker is remade entirely in leather, from the laces to the soles, revealing the underlying craft of the collection.