Branded as one of the most expensive products Apple has ever produced, the Apple Watch Gold Edition can be strapped on for $17,000. A must have for affluent Apple fans, the Edition collection features eight uniquely elegant expressions of Apple Watch.
Details that are good to know…
- Apple Watch Sport is composed of customized aluminum alloy. Comes in silver or Space Gray. Color bands are made of high-performance plastic. $349 for 38mm, $399 for 42mm sizes. In Australia the pricing runs AU$499 and AU$579 and that’s £299 and £339 in the UK.
- Apple Watch (steel case) starts at $549 (38mm) and goes up to $1,049, depending on band. 42mm is $50 more. In Australia the pricing starts at AU$799 and goes to AU$1,629 depending on the band. The UK starts at £479 and runs up to £949.
- Apple Watch Edition (18-karat gold case) starts at $10,000, with options ranging all the way to $17,000. That’s AU$14,000 to AU$24,000 and from £8,000 up to £13,500 over in the UK.
- You can preorder all models starting April 10. Shipping April 24.
- Global launch. Will be available in several countries, including UK, Australia, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Germany and France.
- Communicates with iPhone over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Can be anywhere in house, not just in Bluetooth range.
- iPhone will download apps for Watch via Apple Watch Store.
- Designed it with “all-day battery life” across a range of uses. 18 hours in typical day.
- You can connect an Apple Watch to another Apple Watch (direct communication). Draw a sketch and have it pop onto friends’ watches. Or tap to get a friend’s attention. Or send your heartbeat.